How to Perform D-Link DAP-1320 Setup?
Are you an owner of a D-Link DAP-1320 extender? Do you want to perform D-Link DAP-1320 setup? If you’ve answered both questions in yes, then we’ve got a good news for you. On this page, you will get acquainted with three methods to set up your D-Link range extender in a hassle-free manner. So, without any delay, let’s get started.
Methods to Perform D-Link DAP-1320 Setup
Following are the three methods to set up a D-Link DAP-1320 extender:
- WPS Method
- Manual Method
- Using the QRS Mobile App
Now, let’s discuss these methods in detail.
How to Do D-Link DAP-1320 Setup Using WPS Method?
Before you head over to the D-Link DAP-1320 extender setup process using the WPS method, make sure you have access to an already configured router. However, you need to keep in mind that the existing router supports WPS configuration.
Follow the steps given below in order to perform D-Link DAP-1320 setup using the WPS method:
- Plug your D-Link DAP-1320 wireless N300 range extender into a wall outlet near the existing modem.
- Switch on your D-Link range extender and verify that the power LED is stable before continuing with the D-Link DAP-1320 setup process.
- Now, check for the WPS button on your D-Link WiFi extender.
- Once found, press the WPS button carefully.
- Wait until the LED light doesn’t stop blinking.
- If the LED light becomes solid green, it means you’ve successfully set up your D-Link DAP-1320 wireless range extender using the WPS method.
Just in case the LED light on your D-Link DAP-1320 extender won’t stop blinking, it means the setup process has failed. In that scenario, reach out to our experts for immediate help.
How to Do D-Link DAP-1320 Setup Without WPS?
Don’t have a WPS-supported router? No worries! You can also perform D-Link DAP-1320 setup without WPS. For this, you have to access its web-based management utility. All you need is a computer, a wireless router with an active internet connection, an Ethernet cable, and undoubtedly your D-Link WiFi extender. This method of performing D-Link extender setup is known as the Manual method. Let’s learn the steps to set up your extender using the Manual method.
How to Do D-Link DAP-1320 Setup Using Manual Method?
- Ensure that your D-Link DAP-1320 extender and the router are getting an adequate power supply.
- Once assured, pick the Ethernet cable and connect its one end to the D-Link DAP-1320 wireless N300 extender and another to the host router.
- After creating a connection between your WiFi devices, switch on your PC.
- Now, launch an internet browser like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.
- Move the cursor to the URL field of the internet browser.
- Type dlinkap.local in it.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be prompted to log in to your D-Link DAP-1320 extender.
- By default, the username is Admin, which is non-changeable.
- Enter the default password of your D-Link DAP-1320 wireless N300 range extender into the required field.
- Click the Log In button.
- You will get redirected to the D-Link DAP-1320 setup wizard.
- Now, go through the on-screen instructions and complete setting up your D-Link WiFi range extender.
And, you’re done with the D-Link DAP-1320 setup using the Manual method. However, feel free to contact our experts in case you need more help while setting up your D-Link WiFi range extender.
Don’t want to use a PC to perform D-Link DAP-1320 setup? No problem! You can also use your smartphone for the same Yes, you read that right. The D-Link WiFi extender can also be configured using the QRS mobile app. Let us tell you how.
D-Link DAP-1320 Setup via QRS Mobile App
Here are the instructions that you need to follow in order to perform D-Link DAP-1320 setup using the QRS mobile app:
- Ensure that your D-Link DAP-1320 extender is properly connected to the existing router.
- Thereafter, unlock your mobile device .
- Head over to the Google Play Store or App Store as per the availability of your device.
- Search for the QRS Mobile app and download it from the displayed results.
- Let the app get installed on your mobile device.
Note: Avoid performing any background activity on your mobile until the QRS Mobile app does not get installed properly.
- Launch the QRS Mobile app by tapping its icon.
- Click the Start button.
- Now, let the QRS Mobile app detect your D-Link DAP-1320 extender.
- You will be prompted to enter the admin password to reach the extender’s web-based configuration utility.
- Click Next.
- You will get redirected to a screen containing the settings of your D-Link DAP-1320 wireless N300 range extender .
- Click the Save button and finalize the D-Link DAP-1320 setup process.
In this way, you can configure your D-Link DAP-1320 wireless range extender N300 using the QRS Mobile app.
Now that you’ve performed D-Link DAP-1320 setup, you are free to enjoy a high-speed wireless performance with wireless N technology. Not only this but the D-Link DAP-1320 extender offers the latest wireless network security and encryption standards.
Common D-Link DAP-1320 Extender Issues
Although your D-Link DAP-1320 range extender won’t let you down in the digital realm, however, it can fall victim to various issues that can ruin your internet experience. Here is a list of some of the most common issues reported by D-Link DAP-1320 extender users:
- D-Link DAP-1320 not connecting to router
- D-Link DAP-1320 not working
- Can’t access web-based management utility of D-Link DAP-1320 wireless N300 range extender
- D-Link DAP-1320 extender dropping internet connection
- Unable to change the D-Link DAP-1320 extender password
- D-Link DAP-1320 setup page not responding
- Can’t log in to D-Link DAP-1320 extender
- D-Link DAP-1320 extender not going online
- WPS light keeps blinking
- Can’t connect client devices using WPS
- D’Link WiFi extender not detecting WiFi
- D-Link DAP-1320 extender blinking red
- Forgot D-Link DAP-1320 extender password
- D-Link extender password not working
Fixed: D-Link DAP-1320 Extender Issues
No matter whatever issue you’re facing, following these guidelines will help you get rid of it in a matter of minutes:
- First of all, confirm whether your D-Link DAP-1320 wireless extender is getting a fluctuation-free electricity or not. For this, pay attention to its respective wall outlet. If the wall outlet is damaged, consider plugging the extender into another one.
- Make sure that there is a stable connection between your D-Link DAP-1320 extender and the host router. A stable connection can be established by placing the WiFi devices in close proximity. But, avoid placing them too close. Also, it would be great if you use an Ethernet cable to connect the extender to the host router.
- Placing the D-Link DAP-1320 WiFi extender at an optimal location can work wonders. Perhaps, you’ve not selected a correct location for your extender. Thus, consider relocating the D-Link DAP-1320 wireless range extender N300. Keep in mind not to place your D-Link DAP-1320 in corners, near concrete walls, televisions, microwaves, cellular phones, baby monitors, Bluetooth gadgets, refrigerators, etc. Such things tend to divert the wireless signals of your extender.
- Another thing you can do to get rid of D-Link DAP-1320 extender setup issues is to reboot the WiFi device. It is one of the most convenient and easiest ways to resolve issues related to any networking device. To reboot your D-Link DAP-1320 extender, unplug it from the wall outlet, let it rest for some time, and plug it back into the wall outlet.
- If none of the troubleshooting hacks succeed to work in your favor, then consider restoring your D-Link DAP-1320 extender to the factory default settings. It will allow you to perform D-Link DAP-1320 setup from scratch. Don’t know how to reset the extender? Let us help you!
How to Reset D-Link DAP-1320 Extender?
Given below are the instructions to reset your D-Link DAP-1320 wireless range extender from scratch:
- Ensure that your D-Link DAP-1320 extender is receiving consistent electricity.
- Thereafter, check all sides of your D-Link DAP-1320 range extender and locate the Reset button.
- Once found, grab a sharp object.
- Use the sharp object to press the Reset button on your D-Link DAP-1320.
- Let your D-Link extender reset.
Now, consider performing D-Link DAP-1320 setup from scratch. On the off chance, that fails to help you, get in touch with our experts to get the problem resolved in a snap.