How to Do D-Link DAP-X1870 Setup?
D-Link DAP-X1870 AX1800 extender allows you to extend the existing wireless network in your home and provides you with an uninterrupted internet connection. You can enjoy unlimited hours of online gaming and watching HD movies after setting up a D-Link DAP-X1870 extender. If you are looking for a guide to perform D-Link DAP-X1870 setup, then you’ve landed on the right page. Here, we will make you acquainted with various methods for D Link WiFi extender Setup. So, let’s get started.
D-Link DAP-X1870 Setup Methods
You can perform D-Link DAP-X1870 setup using any of the following methods:
- Manual method
- Using WPS configuration method
- Via D-Link WiFi app
Now, let us shed light on all these three methods one by one.
How to Do D-Link DAP-X1870 Setup via Manual Method?
To set up your D-Link DAP-X1870 AX1800 extender using the Manual method, you will need:
- An already configured wireless router.
- An Ethernet cable.
- A PC or a laptop.
- The default web address of your D-Link DAP-X1870 AX1800 extender.
- The default username and password of your WiFi device.
- And, of course, your D-Link DAP-X1870 extender.
Now, read the instructions given below to learn how to perform D-Link DAP-X1870 setup using the Manual method:
- Plug your D-Link DAP-X1870 AX1800 extender into an electrical outlet near your router.
- Press the Power button and wait for the LED light on your DAP-X1870 extender to stabilize.
- Now, grab an Ethernet cable and connect its one end to the D-Link DAP-X1870 AX1800 extender and another to the router.
- Switch on your PC or laptop.
- Launch a web browser and head over to its URL field.
- Type the default web address of your D-Link DAP-X1870 extender.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be taken to the D-Link extender login screen.
- Here, enter the default username and password of your D-Link DAP-X1870 AX1800 extender.
- Click the Log In button.
- The D-Link DAP-X1870 extender setup wizard will appear.
- You will see certain prompts on the screen.
- Walk through those prompts and complete setting up your D-Link DAP-X1870 AX1800 extender.
In this manner, you can make your DAP-X1870 extender up and running using the Manual method. Just in case, you feel stuck at any point during the process, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our experts.
If you want to avoid the struggle of setting up your range extender using a PC, then the option of using a mobile phone is also available. Yes, you read that right. You can set up your DAP-X1870 AX1800 extender with the help of the D-Link WiFi app on your mobile phone.
D-Link DAP-X1870 Setup via D-Link WiFi App
To install your DAP-X1870 range extender using the D-Link WiFi app, you need to download the app on your mobile phone. So, first of all, download the D-Link WiFi app on your mobile device by navigating to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Once the app gets properly installed, read the instructions given below to do D-Link DAP-X1870 setup using the mobile application:
- Ensure that the connection between your D-Link DAP-X1870 AX1800 extender and the host router is stable.
- Once ensured, launch the D-Link WiFi app on your smartphone.
- Now, tap Install New Device.
- Log in to your D-Link DAP-X1870 AX1800 extender it using the default admin details.
- Walk through the guidelines displayed on the screen and complete the D-Link DAP-X1870 extender setup process.
Once your DAP-X1870 extender gets installed, connect your wireless client devices to its network and enjoy accessing a speedy internet connection. If you want to avoid the hassle of using a computer as well as mobile device, then you can also use the WPS configuration method.Continue reading to know how to do D-Link DAP-X1870 setup via WPS method.
How to Do D-Link DAP-X1870 Setup via WPS Method?
To set up your D-Link DAP-X1870 AX1800 range extender using the WPS method, you don’t need an Ethernet cable. Wondering why? Because the connection between your extender and the host router is established using the wireless encryption method. However, you will need a WPS-supported router in order to execute this method.
Give a read to the instructions mentioned below in order to perform D-Link DAP-X1870 setup using WPS method:
- Ensure that your D-Link DAP-X1870 extender is turned on.
- Now, check all sides of your DAP-X1870 range extender and find the WPS button.
- Once found, press the button carefully.
- The WPS light on your D-Link DAP-X1870 AX1800 extender will start blinking.
- Wait for the WPS LED to stabilize.
- Your D-Link range extender is now ready to use.
In this way, you can perform D-Link DAP-X1870 setup using the WPS method. Remember that the installation process will only be a success after the stabilization of the WPS LED. In case, that doesn’t happen, contact our experts for immediate help.
Although setting up the D-Link range extender is easy, some users face difficulties while doing so. If you’re also among those users, then read the following hacks:
Fixed: Can’t Do D-Link DAP-X1870 Setup
- The setup process might fail if the D-Link DAP-X1870 AX1800 extender is not receiving a fluctuation-free power supply from the wall socket. If that is the case, unplug the extender from the current electrical outlet and consider connecting it to another one located near the host router.
- Did you use a damaged Ethernet cable to connect the DAP-1870 extender and router? Yes? Now, you know where you went wrong. Therefore, buy a new Ethernet cable and use it to connect your WiFi devices.
- In case you are performing D-Link DAP-X1870 setup via the WPS method, ensure that both devices are placed within range.
- While doing D-Link DAP-X1870 setup using the Manual method, use an updated web browser. Apart from that, use a cache-free web browser.
- The D-Link DAP-X1870 AX1800 extender username and password are case-sensitive. It means you can’t afford a typo during the installation process. Also, keep the Caps Lock key on the keyboard off while making the default login credentials entree.
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully in order to successfully install your D-Link DAP-X1870 extender.
- The placement of your D-Link DAP-X1870 AX1800 extender is one of the most crucial elements for the setup process. Therefore, never place your WiFi device near cordless phones, baby monitors, Bluetooth gadgets, microwave ovens, refrigerators, treadmills, etc. Also, reflexive surfaces and metal objects act as a foe of the WiFi signals emitted by your DAP-X1870 extender. So, avoid placing your extender nearby such things.
By implementing the hacks discussed above, you’ll surely be able to configure your D-Link DAP-X1870 extender in a hassle-free manner.
Common D-Link DAP-X1870 AX1800 Extender Issues
Your extender is a networking device and can fall victim to issues at any time. So, give a read to the following list and get to know about the various issues experienced by the users of the D-Link DAP-X1870 range extender.
- D-Link DAP-X1870 WiFi extender keeps disconnecting
- D-Link DAP-X1870 AX1800 extender stays offline
- Can’t update D-Link DAP-X1870 extender firmware
- D-Link DAP-X1870 extender not connecting to router
- Can’t access D-Link DAP-X1870 setup wizard
- Unable to log in to D-Link DAP-X1870 range extender
- D-Link DAP-X1870 extender not broadcasting WiFi
- Forgot D-Link DAP-X1870 AX1800 extender password
- D-Link WiFi app not detecting DAP-X1870 extender
- D-Link DAP-X1870 AX1800 extender slow internet connection
- Can’t connect client devices to D-Link DAP-X1870 extender network
So, these were the most common D-Link DAP-X1870 AX1800 extender problems. In case you come across any of the aforementioned problems, contact our well-versed experts. They are working day and night to help you resolve the issues related to the D-Link DAP-X1870 range extender.