Detailed Guide on Dlinkrouter.local
The Internet has become the need of the hour today. Every little task is dependent on a blazing-fast internet connection. However, many users are going nuts because their internet-related needs are not getting satisfied. Are you facing the same issue? Well, that might be because your existing modem is not reliable anymore. But, worry not. We can help you get rid of the problem. All you have to do is, bring a D Link router home and set it up.
Performing D Link router setup will transmit the signals of your existing wireless network throughout your home and help you access the WiFi even in those zones that have no internet service. So, walk through this guide and learn everything you need to know about setting up a D Link router.
How to Perform D Link Router Setup?
In order to configure a D Link router, you can make use of the default web address as well as the IP address. We’ve explained the usage of both of them below. Continue reading.
D Link Router Setup via Dlinkrouter.local
The below-mentioned instructions will help you perform Dlink setup using the default web address:
- First of all, unbox your D Link router.
- Plug it into an electrical wall socket and press the Power button. Make sure that your wireless device is receiving an adequate power supply from the electrical outlet.
- Grab an Ethernet cable.
Precaution: The Ethernet cable that you are using to connect your wireless devices should not be damaged or worn out.
- Plug one end of the Ethernet cable into the router and another into the existing modem.
- Done? Good. This means you are going great so far! The next step in line is to turn on your WiFi-enabled device (be it a computer or laptop). Ensure that it has access to a fast internet connection.
- Launch any internet browser you prefer.
- Enter dlinkrouter.local in the address bar of the internet browser.
Precaution: Avoid entering the default web address in the search bar of the web browser.
- Press the Enter key.
- If this is your first time logging in to the D Link router, the Setup Wizard will appear automatically.
- Click Next in order to continue.
- Wait for some time while your router is detecting your internet connection type.
- After the router detects your internet connection, enter the default username and password.
Note: If you are not sure regarding these details, you can get in touch with the company that provides your internet i.e. the Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete performing D Link router setup.
With that, you will successfully be able to perform D Link router setup by accessing dlinkrouter.local. In case you experience any issues while setting up your device, feel free to get in touch with our technical experts for assistance. They are always available to help out users like you.
D Link Router Setup via 192.168.0.1
Sometimes, users are unable to perform D link router setup via dlinkrouter.local. In that case, it is recommended to use the default IP address.
Follow the guidelines given here and get to know how to perform Dlink setup via the default 192.168.0.1 IP address:
- Power up your D Link router after plugging it into a wall socket.
- Let the power LED become solid green.
- Build a connection between your router and the existing modem using a wired or wireless connection. The choice is yours.
Note: Using whatever source you connect your devices, make sure that the connection between them is not loose. It should be finger-tight.
- Switch on your computer and open a web browser.
- Access 192.168.0.1.
- Press the Enter key.
- Input the default username and password and hit Enter.
- A page will appear displaying some on-screen prompts. Follow them and finish setting up your D Link router.
Ta-da! Now, you have also gained knowledge about how to perform D Link router setup not just via dlinkrouter.local but also using the default IP.
Is Dlinkrouter.local Not Working?
While trying to set up your device, if you come across the dlinkrouter.local not working issue, it is something to be worried about. But, the good thing is that we can help you resolve the issue. Simply walk through the fixes mentioned below and learn how to get rid of the issue at hand:
- If the wall socket into which your Dlinkrouter is plugged is damaged, consider plugging your device into another outlet.
- Make sure that you have entered the correct web address in the address bar of your internet browser. Remember, the default web address of your device is dlinkrouter.local. Do not use any other web address except this one. Also, avoid typos while entering the default web address and cross check it before pressing the Enter key.
- Ensure that the connection between your Dlinkrouter and the existing modem should be finger-tight. Apart from that, also see that your devices are placed in close proximity. But, not too close! Otherwise, their WiFi signals might crash.
- Chances are that your Dlinkrouter is not placed at its ideal location. If it is placed near cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, treadmills, televisions, mirrors, fish tanks, refrigerators, microwave ovens, etc. relocate it right away. The reason being, such devices can interfere with the signals of your WiFi device and lead you similar issues like dlinkrouter.local not working.
- Do not place your Dlinkrouter in corners or near thick concrete walls.
- Having an antivirus software installed on your wireless device is a great thing. However, sometimes, it can stop you from accessing certain websites like dlinkrouter.local. To fix the issue, temporarily disable the antivirus software on your WiFi-enabled device.
Once you are done following these troubleshooting hacks, try to access dlinkrouter.local.
D Link Firmware Update Procedure
In order for a technical device to run smoothly, it is important that its firmware gets updated from time to time. Performing Dlink router firmware update not just helps you fix bugs but also enhances the overall performance of your device. Plus, your router get embedded with new security features. Isn’t that great?
If you want to update the firmware of your Dlinkrouter to the latest version, take the help of the steps given below:
- Switch on your WiFi-enabled device.
- Open a web browser of your choice.
- Download the latest firmware for your Dlinkrouter at http//www.dlink.com.
- Once the firmware get downloaded, access dlinkrouter.local.
- Press the Enter key.
- Fill in the default admin username and password.
- Click Login.
- Go to the Tools section on the top and click Firmware.
- Under the Firmware Upgrade option, click Browse.
- Select the file that you downloaded and click Open.
- Click Upload to upgrade firmware of your Dlinkrouter. The D Link firmware update process will take some time to get finished.
Note: Do not unplug, power off, or do anything else with your Dlinkrouter while the firmware is in the process of getting updated. Otherwise, the firmware might get disrupted and you’ll have to start the entire process from scratch.
By following these instructions, you will be able to perform D link firmware update in a hassle-free manner. In case the process wasn’t easy for you, reach out to our experts for help. As mentioned earlier, they are available 24/7 to assist you.
If you want to try and resolve the Dlink router firmware update failure issue by yourself, then take the help of the below-mentioned troubleshooting tips.
Can’t Perform D Link Firmware Update?
- Once of the biggest reasons why you are unable to perform Dlink router firmware update is because your internet connection is running at a snail’s pace. Chances are there is something wrong from the end of your ISP. To confirm the same, get in touch with him. If he says that the issue is from his side, give him some time to get it fixed.
- Maybe the web browser you are using is not running on an updated version. Thus, access the Settings of your browser, look for any pending updates, if there are any updates available, update your browser. Also, to avoid facing any further technical issues, clear the cache, cookies, and browsing history of your browser.
- Another reason why you can’t perform Dlink router firmware update is because you’ve downloaded the wrong firmware version. It’s a pretty common mistake that users make. But, worry not. It can be rectified. All you need to do is, download the correct firmware version and follow the steps mentioned above.
- Are you using an incorrect username and password to log in to your Dlinkrouter? Looks like it. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be facing the Dlink router firmware update failure issue. To get rid of it, make sure that you have entered the correct login credentials.
- There is high possibility that your WiFi-enabled device is infected with virus. To confirm the same, scan your device. If what we are saying is true, consider installing an antivirus software on your device to get rid of the virus.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned hacks will help you resolve the issue you were facing.
How to Change Dlinkrouter Password?
What is the first thing that you do whenever you buy a new technical device? You set a password, isn’t it? Well, that is exactly what you need to do with your Dlinkrouter. Wondering why? Well, considering no WiFi network is safe from hackers these days, yours is at risk too. And, changing the password of your device will help you come one step closer to ensure its safety.
Go through the below-outlined steps and learn how to change the password of your device:
- Grab a cable and connect your Dlinkrouter and the existing modem.
- Once a strong connection between your devices has been established, open an internet browser on your WiFi-enabled device.
- Type dlinkrouter.local in the address bar of the browser.
- Press Enter on your keyboard.
- Enter the default admin username and password of your Dlinkrouter.
- Click Log In.
- Head over to the Settings section located at the top right corner.
- Locate the Wireless Settings from the drop down menu.
- In the Password field, specify the new WiFi password for your router’s network.
Note: Create an easy but hard-to-crack password for your Dlinkrouter. It is recommended that you make use of upper case and lower case characters along with numbers and alphabets.
- Click Save to make your changes effective.
Once you are done changing the password of your Dlinkrouter, no hacker or unauthorized user will be able to access your wireless network without your consent.
How to Change SSID of Dlinkrouter?
The below-mentioned methods will tell you how to change the network name (SSID) of your Dlinkrouter:
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- Enter the default web or IP address in the URL bar of the browser.
- Press Enter.
- When asked, input the default admin details (username and password).
- Click Login.
- Go to the Setup tab and click Wireless Settings.
- Navigate to the Manual Wireless Network Setup page.
- Next to SSID, type the new SSID you want your device to have.
- Click Save and let your settings get saved.
If you have registered your Dlinkrouter with mydlink, you need to log in to the mydlink web portal in order to modify your SSID (network name):
- Launch a browser on your PC.
- Log in to mydlink with your existing account and password.
- Once logged in, click My Devices.
- Choose the router from My Devices.
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to the Basic Settings option.
- Modify your SSID.
- Select Apply and wait for the changes to get saved.
Although these steps will surely help you change the SSID of your device, on the off chance, they don’t, contact our well-versed technicians. They will tell you at what you went wrong and help you troubleshoot the issue.
Steps to Change Dlinkrouter Channel?
If your wireless connection is not stable, then you can try changing the channel of your router. It might help you get out of the situation you are currently stuck in.
Here is how you can change the wireless channel of your Dlinkrouter:
- Connect your Dlinkrouter and the existing modem. Make sure that the connection between them is stable.
- Open an updated web browser on your computer or laptop.
- Type dlinkrouter.local or 192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be prompted to enter the default admin username and password.
- Enter the required details and click Login.
Note: If you are unsure regarding the default username and password of your Dlinkrouter, then it is recommended you refer to the user manual. You will find everything that you need in there.
- Click the Setup tab at the top of the configuration page.
- Click the Wireless Settings button.
- Select the Manual Wireless Network Setup option.
- Disable the ‘Enable Auto Channel Scan’ box.
- From the drop-down menu, select a wireless channel.
- Click Save.
- In a few seconds, the changes that you have made your device will get saved.
And you are done! In this manner, you will be able to change the channel of your router. Follow the aforementioned steps in the exact order as they are written. Or, you might experience technical issues.
How to Reset Dlinkrouter to Factory Default Settings?
Have you forgotten the password of your Dlinkrouter? Can’t access the D Link router setup wizard? If you are nodding your head in yes, consider resetting your device to the factory default settings. Doing so will surely help you troubleshoot the issues you are experiencing with your device.
Caution: Resetting your Dlinkrouter will restore its settings back to its original state.
Here is how you can reset your Dlinkrouter:
- Firstly, make sure that your Dlinkrouter is turned on.
- Locate the Reset button on your WiFi device.
- Take a paper clip and insert its end in the Reset hole.
- Wait for some time and let your device get rebooted.
Note: You can also reset your Dlinkrouter by logging in to it using the default web and IP address. For more details regarding the same, refer to the user manual that came along with your device.
If you feel stuck at any point while trying to reset your Dlinkrouter, don’t think twice before contacting our technical experts via chat or email.